Re: Info sucks?

On Mon, Sep 14, 1998 at 12:48:33PM -0700, Darren Benham wrote:
> > "man" doesn't have hyperlinks; "info" doesn't seem to have graphics; current
> > html implementations don't have proper keyword searches, content frames, or
> > indices.

> HTML: not to mention the fast, small browser (and if you use lynx, you lose the
> other benefits of colors and graphics)

I don't lose graphics.  <grin>  But then I do more with lynx than most
people do.

Haven't yet figured out how to deal with javascript (though I have ideas) or
properly handle tables (same) yet.  I suppose I -COULD- handle the source
hack needed for "open in new browser window" or "download in new browser
window" even though I'm no programmer, but I want to wait on those until I
have figured out how to get ssl in lynx > 2.7.2 first.

I need to be a better programmer than I am to patch the ssleay patch for the
current version of ssleay---anyone else done that yet?