Re: "Official CD" screwups (Was: Why only one non-free section?)

Raul> But note that contrib is being packaged as an official part of Debian.

Joseph Carter <knghtbrd@earthlink.net> wrote:
> All right, I am REALLY becoming annoyed at seeing this.

On the other hand, I'm not.  I think it makes perfect sense.

> Infomagic, Cheapbytes, and LSL have all managed to over the small
> course of Debian history that I am personally aware of totally SCREW
> UP the Debian CDs and call them "Official" anyway. And it's just them
> that I know about! This is EXTREMELY frustrating.

Why should we be upset about vendors not distributing something
which isn't officially a part of Debian?

We've even created official cd sets which don't include "contrib".

It's true that you can't get all the sources to "main" if you use
those particular official cds, but the license on the omitted source
doesn't require source distribution.

A possibly related issue: remember that our original "autoup.sh" script
had a bug in it, and if a vendor wanted to make it work they had to
alter it.

--
Raul