Re: "Official CD" screwups (Was: Why only one non-free section?)

Joseph Carter writes:
> I see a few options at this time, some of them do not solve the problem.

> 	1. We can ask the vendors to not refer to their CD-ROM distributions
>	   as "official" unless they are direct burns or presses of the
>	   official CD-ROM images available at cdimage.debian.org and
>	   mirrors.

This seems to me as the best way to go, as long as this image is thoroughly
tested and known to work before the release.  This would mean that someone
has to burn and distribute CD's for testing.
--
John Hasler
john@dhh.gt.org (John Hasler)