Re: Info sucks?

On Thu, Sep 17, 1998 at 01:27:01AM -0500, Manoj Srivastava wrote:
> 	Tell that to the peole of the village my grandparents come
>  from. There are no doors. There are mud+straw walls and roofs, and a
>  curtain hung over the opening. What doors there are, (like the post
>  office) have handles. Nary a door knob in sight.
>
> 	Now tell these people that you have to *twist* the suckers --
>  not hit them, not push, or pull -- and heaven help you trying to
>  explain why, and how, to lock and unlock them too.
>
> 	Too much cultural bias, my friend.

Remember the ST:TNG episode, one of the older ones...  Worf walks up to (and
into) a door.  He backs up and looks at it funny, then data offers to help
by pulling the latch handle to open the thing.

Or the Time Trax episode in which Darian puts his credit card in the 5 1/4
disk drive of this computer and says, "Computer on"...  When it doesn't turn
itself on, he raps on the side of the monitor like one might a TV set that
was misbehaving.  The person whose computer this is kinda looks at him funny
and flips the power switch.

There's no way to accomidate these things.