a couple of install questions

Having recently (re)installed a hamm system, I was just curious what the
motivation for a couple of install steps was. First - why don't I get a
choice of what kind of inode density I want when the hd is formatted? I
personally prefer 1 in 1K but apparently Debian defaults to 1 in 2K and
there is no way to change that. Secondly - lilo setup asks whether I want
to boot to linux or alt. OS, but doesn't follow up with detecting other
OS partitions and offering to put them into the lilo.conf (yes, I know,
I'm comparing to Slackware - but those were features that I found very
handy and thought I'd ask)

---
Commitment, n.:
        Commitment can be illustrated by a breakfast of ham and eggs.
The chicken was involved, the pig was committed.

D'jinnie/Jinn, encountered on IRC and select MU**. (jinn@irony.org)
finger jinn@irony.org for PGP public key