Re: Renaming 'math' section 'science'

On 23 Sep, John Lapeyre wrote:

> On Wed, 23 Sep 1998, Tyson Dowd wrote:
>
> trd>You will need to get people's attention by starting a new thread called
> trd>"rename math directory to science" or something like that.  Not enough
> trd>people are reading this discussion.
>
> 	There,  I think a lot of people would support it.  Maybe we just
> need to ask  the person who does it.  Guy maybe ?
>

> John Lapeyre <lapeyre@physics.arizona.edu>
> Tucson,AZ     http://www.physics.arizona.edu/~lapeyre

I support a Science section that would include software for math,
physics, astronomy, chemistry, biology and other scientific fields.
This would certainly help bring packages like iraf and xephem (which
are astronomy packages) from misc to a more logical section.

By the same token, I would suggest renaming the section Electronics to
Engineering with the hope that software from other fields of engineering
(like a generic CAD program) would make its way into the Engineering
section.

Gopal.

Gopal Narayanan                          Ph #: (413) 545 0925
Five College Radio Astronomy Observatory Fax#: (413) 545 4223
University of Massachusetts              e-mail: gopal@fcrao1.phast.umass.edu
Amherst MA 01003