Intent to package DateManip as libdatemanip-perl

I need something like this for work, so I'm currently packaging it. Expect an
upload shortly.

Source: datemanip
Section: interpreters
Maintainer: Dirk Eddelbuettel <edd@debian.org>
Standards-Version: 2.4.1

Package: libdatemanip-perl
Architecture: all
Depends: perl
 The libdatemanip-perl package (which corresponds to the CPAN package
 DateManip) provides Perl modules designed to make any common date/time
 manipulation easy to do.  Operations such as comparing two times,
 calculating a time a given amount of time from another, or parsing
 international times are all easily done.  From the very beginning, the main
 focus of Date::Manip has been to be able to do ANY desired date/time
 operation easily, not necessarily quickly.  There are other modules that
 can do a small subset of the operations available in Date::Manip much
 quicker than those presented here, so if speed is a primary issue, you
 should look elsewhere.  Check out the CPAN listing of Time and Date
 modules.  But for sheer flexibility, I believe that Date::Manip is your
 best bet.

--
mailto:edd@debian.org              According to the latest official figures,
http://rosebud.ml.org/~edd      43% of all statistics are totally worthless.