Re: Discussion - Proposed Constitution - voting part 2

Joseph Carter <knghtbrd@debian.org> writes:
> [1  <text/plain; us-ascii (quoted-printable)>]
> On Mon, Sep 28, 1998 at 12:58:20AM +0200, Davide G. M. Salvetti wrote:
> > DB> I've set the system up so that PGP can (and I prefer...) be
> > DB> used...  Infact, it WILL be turned on for the constitutional vote
> > DB> unless someone from on high tells me not to.
> >
> > How about French people, who AFAIK aren't permitted to sign by law?
> >
> > I don't remember if we have French developers, but I'd bet we do.
>
> THey're not allowed to encrypt.  They can sign.  =>

Yes; this is what the developer's reference says also.  Someone
mindful of French law oughta correct me if that is incorrect.  The
developers-reference (which will have to be updated again when gpg
becomes more mainstream and pgp is officially deprecated) says:

     If you live in a country where use of cryptography even for
     authentication is forbidden then please contact us so we can make
     special arrangements. This does not apply in France, where I believe
     only encryption and not authentication is forbidden.