non development use of cvs

I'd like to use the debian cvs to build my own debs.
I think I could save a bit of bandwidth by only checking out the diff
and dsc and using a local copy of the original source. This will be
especially true with all the minor updates.

Could someone confirm my idea about using cvs is feasible, and then
point me to some documentation telling me how to use it. I've read the
cvs howto on www.debian.org, but it doesn't tell me where the cvs
server is, what password is etc. Again I'm not a developer, so I guess
I'd need anonymous ro access.

I have used cvs before, just not with debs or with debian.

--
Binary Bar - Australia's first free access internet bar/cafe/gallery.
243 Brunswick Street, Fitzroy, Melbourne, Australia. 3pm - 1am