Re: exim the standard MTA for slink?

On Sun, Nov 08, 1998 at 11:26:44AM +1100, Hamish Moffatt wrote:

> On Sat, Nov 07, 1998 at 02:36:19PM +0100, Christian Kurz wrote:
> > Yes, it has these two links. I'm using here exim since a half year and had no
> > problem with my apps. From the info-page of exim:
>
> On one box where I replaced smail with exim as an experiment, mutt could
> no longer determine the hostname automatically. Although you can tell
> mutt its hostname in /etc/Muttrc, the default file obviously cannot contain
> such a setting and hence Mutt will be broken by default.
>
> My two other boxes with smail both work fine with mutt.

Uh... it mutt+exim work fine for me.  Since mutt doesn't ask the MTA what
the hostname is, changing the MTA won't make mutt forget the hostname.

However, if your mutt configuration doesn't append the hostname to e-mail
addresses automatically, then the MTA has to do it.  Make sure exim is
configured correctly.

Avery