Re: StackGuard

On Mon, Nov 09, 1998 at 02:02:37PM +0100, Wichert Akkerman wrote:
> Previously J.H.M. Dassen Ray" wrote:
> > Does anyone know if there are plans to integrate this into egcs and port
> > it to non-i386 (the principle is claimed to be portable)?
>
> Yes, something like this (I can't remember now if they started with
> stackguard) will be integrated with egcs in the future. There are already
> of couple of implementations for this (stackguard being only one of them).

Could you provide pointers for this? I'm aware that the checkergcc patches
(http://www.fsf.org/software/checker/checker.html) are likely to be
integrated into egcs, but they deal with memory leak detection etc., not
preventing security holes resulting from buffer overflows.

Ray
--
Cyberspace, a final frontier. These are the voyages of my messages,
on a lightspeed mission to explore strange new systems and to boldly go