Re: Intent to package nbpowerd

Michael Meskes wrote:
> On Sat, Nov 07, 1998 at 08:11:44PM -0500, Mitch Blevins wrote:
> > Lintian is unhappy with it because it has an unregistered script
> > (powerfail) in /etc/init.d
> > This is intentional.  Also it doesn't like having a testing script
>
> Why is it unregistered?

 My understanding of 'registered' is that update-rc.d is called on it
 during the postinst script.

 I do not want to register this script for any particular runlevel because
 it is called by the daemon only during a power condition.
 The same lintian error (and then some) exists in genpower.

 BTW - The author of bpowerd has expressed an interest in incorporating
 my changes into his source as a compile-time option.  If he does, I
 will probably drop nbpowerd and just package bpowerd.

 -Mitch

--
This .sig space available for lease.  Please contact:
Mitch Blevins | mitch_blevins@mindspring.com