Re: New package - DEC computer simulator

"Edward John M. Brocklesby" <ejb@klamath.debian.org> writes:

> Hi,
>
> I'd like to create a Debian package for the DEC simulator (available
> in  gatekeeper.dec.com:/pub/DEC/sim/),  and  the FAQ says to talk to
> you first.. so.. :)

I tried those once.  Pretty cool hack.  I was contemplating putting
them into package.  Now Debian can claim it ships with Unix (legally
licensed from SCO, of course).  :-)

On a fast Pentium, they actually run at a decent speed, amazingly
enough.  It interesting to see what Unix looked like way back then.

Now if somebody would hack together a kernel module that would allow
the Linux kernel to mount those old disk images.  :-)

Cheers,

 - Jim