Re: [Q] Problems installing OSS on a slink machine running on 2.1.127

I have had the same problem.  Things I tried to get it to work...and I'm
sorry, I don't remember exactly what it was I did to get it to work.
(kernel stuff)

Turned PnP off
put a # in from of the following line in Makefile

SMP = 1

so that it looks like

#SMP = 1

(I think that was one of my problems...by default it is not commented out
and unless you are running multi-proccessor, you do not need it and it can
cause other problems from what I read.  )

Good luck