Re: Are DFSG free package in non-us part of Debian?

***** j => john

>> Is it clear what is the problem I see?

j> Seems like you want to create Debian-non-us.

More precisely now I just want to make sure that Debian does not
discriminate packages on the ground of country restrictions.

Debian does discriminates between free and non-free, that is right,
that is the purpose of the DFSG, that serves the goals of the Social
Contract (we make non-free packages available to our users merely as a
convenience, but they are not to be considered part of Debian, by no
means), but I feel that non-US DFGS free packages should be as part of
Debian as possible, and this should be clearly noticeable by our
users.

Regards,

--
Davide G. M. Salvetti - IW5DZC [JN53fr] - <http://salve.home.ml.org/>