Re: binaries compiled on slink don't run anywhere else

In article <[🔎] 19981114115000.A11518@efis.ucr.ac.cr>, "Marcelo E. Magallon" <mmagallo@efis.ucr.ac.cr> writes:
> Solving this is a bigger problem than it might seem at first glance:
> a *lot* of packages have been already compiled against 2.0.7u, that
> means upgrading to a libc that doesn't have this problem would break
> things awfully (A library can be preloaded to supply the missing
> __register_frame_info in the mean time). Essentially this means
> slink's gotta be delayed to let developers catch up, OR a massive
> NMU has to be performed.

Actually, if worst comes to worst, recompiling can be done.  I don't
know if James has completed the wanna-build/buildd port, but I think
it actually would be reasonable to recompile most of slink/main in a
couple of days, given a few fast systems with a fast network
connection.

Just want to make sure we don't feel forced into a bad solution by
this issue...