Wrong placing of ..bin/dirname

Does this qualify as a bug? :

# dpkg -S dirname
shellutils: /usr/bin/dirname

# dpkg -S rcS
sysvinit: /etc/init.d/rcS

/etc/init.d/rcS calls dirname before other filesystems have been mounted,
and my usr partition is one of those other filesystems.

I may be wrong here, It may be fixed in a newer version, But I get an
error on boot that /usr/bin/dirname is not found.

                       Michael Beattie (mickyb@es.co.nz)

                  Contentsofsignaturemaysettleduringshipping.