Re: fsstd and new Debian packages

Santiago Vila wrote:

> I certainly will not complain, since I also packaged a sort-of
> cross-compiler called gcc-i386-gnu which install files in /usr/i386-gnu.
> I don't know of a better solution. This is a known GNU standard for the
> layout of gcc as a cross-compiler. If the FHS does not say a word about
> it, then maybe we should add this exception to our policy.

Wouldn't it be possible to install in someplace which *doesn't* violate
policy, i.e. /usr/lib/gcc/i386-gnu, and set up links to, say, /usr/bin
if needed?

It's been a long time since I tried to build a cross-compiler (gcc 1.4 I
think), but IIRC, this should work.  Apologies if I'm completely
off-base.
or   cwaters@systems.DHL.COM | above, but it is too long to fit into