Re: Location of noweb.sty

On Mon, Nov 23, 1998 at 09:23:55PM +0000, Julian Gilbey wrote:
> > On Sun, Nov 22, 1998 at 11:52:06PM +0000, Julian Gilbey wrote:
> > > I am repackaging cweb-latex for Debian, which is a LaTeX style file
> > > for CWEB.  I have noticed that you have placed the noweb.sty file in
> > > $TEXMF/tex/latex/litprog, and wondered if that's the standard place to
> > > put style files connected with literate programming?  I would
> > > personally have been inclined to put the single file noweb.sty into
> > > latex/misc and the cweb-latex files into latex/cweb.
> >
> > I originally put the .sty file in latex/misc, but I was told (from
> > the web/cweb people) to put it in litprog. They standarized the
> > literate programming stuff a lot. Refer to the web maintainer for
> > more information. Hope thios helps,
> > Federico
>
> Actually, on further investigation of the Debian Contents file, I have
> figured out that there are only three literate programming systems on
> Debian: nowebm, fweb and of course cweb (together with cweb-latex and
> variants in the pipeline).  Nowebm and fweb put their files in litprog
> directories, so I'll just follow suit.

I don't remember exactly who wrote to me. It was about one year ago.
May was the fweb maintainer (not the cweb one). Anyway, I think
having all the litprog stuff in a single directory is the best thing.
Does cweb have .el emacs files? If yes, where do you plan to put them?

Ciao,
--
                            ____
 Federico Di Gregorio   |  /      mailto:fog@debian.org