Re: Draft new DFSG

On Wed, Nov 25, 1998 at 03:35:10PM -0800, Joseph Carter wrote:
<snip>
> The issue is that one can write a license which is very much not free and
> stull happens on a technicality to fit the DFSG.

If it fits the DFSG then it is by definition free, if it is somehow
excessively non-free and still fits then the DFSG is /VERY BROKEN/ and
the DFSG itself can be modified, and yes that is a very drastic measure,
and as such it should be the ONLY way we can decide that a package which
fits the DFSG is non-free..

Zephaniah E, Hull..

--
 PGP EA5198D1-Zephaniah E, Hull <warp@whitestar.soark.net>-GPG E65A7801