Re: Death and free software (was Re: DFSG...)

On Fri, Nov 27, 1998 at 10:06:28AM +0000, Oliver Elphick wrote:

> It would be helpful if authors of free software added a clause to the
> licences to govern their disposition on the author's death: put the
> software into the public domain, transfer to FSF or SPI, or whatever.
> Alternatively, make a will and set down in that what should happen
> and ensure that the executors are obliged to publicise it!

It's not that important.  Remember, with free software, the free license
cannot be retracted (hmm, I know that's in DFSG2, is it in the original?)

So even if the author dies, the program is still free.  The heirs can try to
sell it _ALSO_ if they want, but who cares.

Have fun,

Avery