Popularity Contest results, rev 2

Hi all,

I've just spent a few hours improving my popularity-contest data munging
scripts.  The main new features are:

  - We take dependencies into account.  That means if a package (say
    libjpeg) is depended-upon by another package (say gimp) then the library
    gets a vote if gimp gets a vote.

  - We divide up the results by Debian section.  This makes the results
    _much_ more interesting than they were, because we're now "comparing
    apples to apples" instead of just dumping all packages into one huge
    list.

That's right, you can now easily find the answers to critical life-changing
questions such as "Which editor really _IS_ the most popular among Debian
developers?" or "How many people use my foo.deb package?" or "Just how late
CAN Avery stay up before he passes out from exhaustion?"

I'll keep you in suspense as to the most popular editor, but I'm attaching
the results for the "news" section below.

Popularity contest results are linked from my home page:

	http://www.worldvisions.ca/~apenwarr/popcon/

If you haven't installed the popularity-contest package on your system yet,
why not?  (It's in slink.) If you want your favourite package to win the
popularity contest, you'll have to vote :)

Also, remember that these results reflect mostly Debian developers right
now.  Most users haven't had the chance to install slink (and hence the
popularity-contest package) yet.

[Sample results follow signature]

Have fun!

Avery

Section 'news'

Package               Vote   Old Recent Unknown

slrn                    48    11    12     8
inewsinn                33    53    11    10
inn                     20     3     0     9
leafnode                12     0     0     6
suck                    10     5     2     1
knews                   10    31     7     6
slrnpull                 8     0     0     1
trn                      7    29     3     0
aub                      5    16     1     0
newsx                    2     0     0     0
inn-dev                  2     1     0     0
newscache                1     2     2     3
innfeed                  1     9     0     5
inews                    1     7     0     2
cnews                    1     7     0     3
uucpsend                 0     0     0     0
nntp                     0     0     0     1
nn                       0     6    23     0
gnus                     0     0     0    45