Re: Devscripts maintainer

In article <[🔎] m0zidbl-000Ij5C@polya>, jdg@maths.qmw.ac.uk (Julian Gilbey) writes:
> The devscripts package seems to still be maintained by Christoph
> Lameter, even though it has not been mentioned in the debian-devel
> list.  (See the forwarded message from the bug tracking system
> below.)

> I think that this package is too important to be orphaned, although
> it is not listed on the WNPP web page.  I am willing to take it on
> if that's OK.

I assume you've tried to contact Christoph, asking for his blessing
for you to take it over, or for him and yourself to work together on
fixing the problems?

I see that he is active and posted to <debian-devel> a few days ago.

I would bless you to take it over, but you need to give it at *least*
three weeks for Christoph to reply.  Otherwise you are package
hijacking!

Could you do NMUs (with diffs to the BTS and all that) for a few
critical bugs for slink, perhaps? Or even just for potato.