Re: APT [was Re: Is this really the right thing to do?]

Hello,

> I think intention is for easy developer-defined grouping.

Yes.

> For example: Gnome-Environment
>   could be an empty package

Technically, no - there's two or three files required by Policy :-)

> that depends on all the packages needed to have a 'complete Gnome
> experience'.

Mind you, this would be useful just for the 'complete gcc experience'.

Also, it would allow the initial-install groupings ("typical web server") to
be available at any time.

> I agree with your KISS anti-bloat standpoint for the most part, but I feel
> the proposed feature is both unobtrusive and highly desireable.

Yes, definitely.

Jiri <jiri@baum.com.au>