Re: libc6 needs >= 2.0.7u (Closes: dpkg-shlibdeps is too strict

Matthias Klose <doko@cs.tu-berlin.de> wrote:
> No. The only thing you have to be aware is that you have to link
> executables with object files containing C++ code with the correct
> linker. And that's {egcc,g++} {-shared,-o}. libgcc.a is an internal
> compiler library, so you cannot expect 100% compatibility with different
> versions. Please give me an example, where you use the correct linker
> and compatibility is still a problem.

This seemed to make sense at first, then, when I tried to figure out
the implications, I realized that I did not understand under what
condition there could be an incorrect linker.

Obviously, there have been problems.  It's not obvious to me
what those problems were a symptom of.

Perhaps point me at the relevant documentation?

Thanks,

--
Raul