Re: DPLs : what do you think about ...

On Mon, Dec 14, 1998 at 10:33:24PM +0000, James Troup wrote:
> Tom Lees <tom@lpsg.demon.co.uk> writes:
>
> > Being the maintainer in question, its more a question of my bandwidth to
> > master.debian.org.
>
> Eh?  There are two upload queues in the UK, one in Germany and one in
> Italy; surely you can upload to one of those?

hands seems not to like me at the moment (mainly it doesn't like me wanting
to restart ftps when they crash/whatever, which they seem to). I don't trust
chiark (it doesn't PGP check stuff). I have VERY poor connectivity to Germany
generally (one of the reasons I don't maintain any non-US packages), and I
didn't know about the one in Italy :)

OTOH, with master, after the upload, I can ssh in and verify that it worked OK,
fix things if it didn't etc. Just a matter of convenience.

Anyway, it's not of consequence anymore, I can just nohup a wget on master to
upload new upstream source now; the binaries are pretty small. Expect to
see more CVS releases now than in the past, since I also now have more free
time to do this :)

--
Tom Lees <tom@lpsg.demon.co.uk> <tom@debian.org>  http://www.lpsg.demon.co.uk/
PGP Key: finger tom@master.debian.org, http://www.lpsg.demon.co.uk/pgpkeys.asc.