Re: cleanfeed as debian package?

On Sun, Dec 27, 1998 at 11:53:36AM +0100, Christian Kurz wrote:

 : after my provider installed cleanfeed at his newsservers, I took a closer
 : look at this program. I think it's a nice programm for newsservers and
 : for the admins of those servers. Then I looked at my debian (slink) and
 : found out, that there's no package cleanfeed available for it. So my
 : question: Why don't we have cleanfeed as debian package? I think this
 : would make our distribution more interesting for admins of newsservers.

I'm note sure, but I think this is related to the current INN newsserver in
the Debian distribution. This INN doesn't support 'external' perl programs
like cleanfead; I guess this will be corrected when Miquel (INN maintainer)
has the new packages (INN 2.x) ready...

Cheers,
 -Remco