Re: Adopting dpkg-ftp

Le Mon, Dec 28, 1998 at 07:54:11PM -0800, Guy Maor écrivait:
> You should look at the dpkg-ftp in experimental if you want to pursue
> this.  I personally think it's a waste of time as apt-get has
> obsoleted dpkg-ftp.

I've seen dpkg-ftp_1.5.1 in experimental. In fact, several bugs reported
are for dpkg-ftp_1.5.1. :)

Before (eventually) starting to work on dpkg-ftp, i've got two questions :
- does apt support downloading on ftp trough proxy/firewall/authenticated
proxy ? I thought this was of primary interest for dpkg-ftp users.
- where can I found a description of the "packages" file format ? I could
have a look at dpkg-scanpackages, but it's not easily readable. :) And I
wonder if the fields 'filename', 'md5sum' can have multiple values (ie two
filenames with two md5sums ?)...

Cheers,
--
Hertzog Raphaël ¤ 0C4CABF1 ¤ http://www.mygale.org/~hra/