Re: slinkcd v 0.95 m68k & Alpha organization

On Fri 25 Dec 1998, Wichert Akkerman wrote:
> Previously Steve McIntyre wrote:
> > Anyway - one question, mainly for the -devel people I guess: should the
> > m68k and alpha versions of slink have the same number of packages as for
> > i386?
>
> No, since there are packages out there that are specific for a few
> architectures. Things like isapnp and hwtools come to mind. But the
> difference in your numbers sounds a bit larger that it should be..

It's apparently including contrib, non-free and non-us, and those
haven't been receiving much attention (at least on alpha). I get
2238 i386 versus 2054 alpha for main. 67 of those 2238 are "oldlibs",
which we don't need on alpha.

Paul Slootman
--
home: paul@wurtel.demon.nl | work: paul@murphy.nl | debian: paul@debian.org