Re: Uploaded devscripts 2.0.0 (source all) to master

On Thu, Jan 07, 1999 at 11:43:24PM +0100, Martin Bialasinski wrote:
> rm def
> if not successfull then bail out
> create def
> if not successfull than bail out
> write to def
>
> Is this unsave? Why?

It would be trivial to write a program to recreate the link inbetween your
rm and touch. Not to mention that any where in your script I can delete it
and replace it with a link (shell scripts don't lock files).

I think you should go with the earlier suggestion of makeing the tmp file
debian/changelog.tmp. All package related files should stay in the debian
directory any way in case the system crashes right after you save.
Otherwise on reboot, /tmp is purged.

ben (who has heard the phrase "what if a jet crashes on it" too many times
at NASA when it comes to 'worse-case-scenarios')

UnixGroup Admin - Jordan Systems Inc.                 bcollins@debian.org