GS development question

I'm not a laywer so I'm double checking my guesswork.

I want to add drivers for the Xerox Docuprint Series Printer
I have been offered there "special additions" to HP PCL3 codes
However they request I sign a non-discolsure agreement
Considering both gs-aladdin and gs (gnu gs) I was think that
	any driver I make would be considered a dervived work
So I could not write the drivers with the information from Xerox
	and still be ok with the non-discolsure agreement.

Am I Right? I am going to be contacting the guy via phone
	and discuss this finally, and see if I can get them to
	budge.

Philip Thiem

--
PENQUIN-LOVER-CODER ALERT:  ptt@umr.edu
   All windows user please exvacuate the building