Re: sysvinit: rc vs. r2d2 bahavior

On Thu, Dec 31, 1998 at 05:54:23PM +0100, Miquel van Smoorenburg wrote:
> okay, i just typed this up to show and explain what sysvinit does right
> now.

I've been following this thread with interest, and I wish to express
gratitude for elucidating a somewhat blurry area.  May I suggest that, to
make this document complete, you mention the role of the /etc/rc.boot
directory, and perhaps also /etc/rc, /etc/rcS, and /etc/inittab?  (By the
way, history aside, don't /etc/rc and /etc/rcS belong in /sbin instead?)

Thanks,
Andrew