Multiple versions of packages...

  I was looking at the way some packages are named, and found one very
disturbing trend...  The naming scheme of packages is not very standardized.
Some Glibc pcakges have a g on the end, some have version numbers, and some
don't.
  After some thinking, I decided that a simple fix to the packaging tools would
eliminate the need for weird version names.  We could then name packages by a
descriptive name, and not worry about foobarring the name.
  If the packaging tools were updated to allow multiple versions of a package
to be installed, then we could fix some of the weird naming schemes going on.

  I was wondering who a patch to dpkg would have to go through, and if there is
demand for this type of thing.

  The packages that I am specifically referring to are kernel-*<version> and
libgtk<version>

I think it's more confusing to look at libgtk1.1.12_1.1.12.deb
I don't know about everyone else.

Lead me not into temptationm
  I can find it myself.