Re: Source-Depends implementation

>> "TL" == Tom Lees <tom@lpsg.demon.co.uk> writes:

TL> On Sun, Jan 10, 1999 at 01:31:09PM -0500, Ben Collins wrote:

>> Just non-standard -devs and special binary packages (ie. sgml, tetex,
>> nasm). There is no versioning of the Source-Depends either since I
>> didn't think it would be necessary. You may feel differently.

TL> While it may not be necessary, it would be not to have it, for users
TL> (as opposed to developers), wanting to download the latest <xyz>
TL> source.

If it is no hasle, I also like to see versions. Look at the problem we
have because Provides: doesn't know about versions. It is better not
to repeat this.

Also gtk had some serious problems about compatibility, until every
version got its own package. Packages with Depends: libgtk1.1 >=1.1.2
didn't run with libgtk1.1-1.1.3 and such. Really a mess. So when
rebuilding a package versioned sourcepackages would be great.

Ciao,
	Martin