Re: Source-Depends implementation

On 11-Jan-99, 10:51 (CST), Tom Lees <tom@lpsg.demon.co.uk> wrote:
> Request: could you also add Source-Recommends. This would be useful for
> packages which can build with another package, but don't have to; eg
> aumix would Source-Recommends: alsa-lib (or whatever the package is
> called).

If we do this (about which I have mixed feelings -- does this really do
anything that couldn't be accomplished by a "debian/build.req" file?)
it should be one field that list the packages required to build the
*Debian* version of the binary. In the case of aumix, then if the Debian
version used alsa-lib, the alsa-lib goes on the Source-Depends. If it
didn't, it doesn't. If the user is building an alternative version, then
zie should be looking at the original README/INSTALL/whatever.

Steve