Re: Packaging perl stuff

    Stephane> There is no HOWTO or Perl-policy or even a specialized
    Stephane> group? I ask this because I always wondered why Perl
    Stephane> modules I install by hand (perl Makefile.PL; make test;
    Stephane> make install) put their manual pages under /usr/man and
    Stephane> not under /usr/local/man (the module itself goes in
    Stephane> /usr/local/site_perl).

They do this 'cause that's the way perl is configured to install man
pages.  Try

	perl -V:man1dir

to see what I mean.  To build debian perl packages, you actually have to override the .pm etc install directories.  Do this with

	perl Makefile.PL INSTALLDIRS=perl

in your debian rules.  (I leave getting things installed correctly in
debian/tmp so that the package wil build as an exercise for the
reader).

--
Stephen
---