Re: m68k-linux-g++

"Ivan E. Moore II" <rkrusty@tdyc.com> writes:

> I asumed this would be no problem cross-compiling m68k deb
> packages from those that I am maintaining.

[This is not directed specifically at Ivan, but is a general reply]

Please don't do this, unless you have an m68k machine on which you can
test the results.  I've said it before, and I'll say it again, machine
power (or lack there of) is not the problem even for m68k (and I
suspect other ports); the problem is packages which do not build out
of the box.  By cross-compiling your own packages, you are only
uploading potentially completely hosed packages, which doesn't help.
If you really want to help, check the m68k web pages for the list of
failed packages and fix some of them.  The build daemons will compile
your package(s) for m68k sooner or later.

--
James