Re: Fix for /bin/date -R (was Re: 822-date obsolete?)

Probably no problem with your machine, same happens for me.
Check the difference between theese.

$ LANG=de date -R
Wed, 13 Jan 1999 19:59:39 +0100
$ LANG=de_DE date -R
Mit, 13 Jan 1999 19:59:54 +0100
$ LANG=de_AT date -R
Mit, 13 Jän 1999 20:12:01 +0100

It don't care if you talk german unless you tell it you talk german
german or austrian german, etc.

------
BTW.
Shouldn't it suffice to tell date that you talk some german or in my case
some swedish.

$ LANG=de date			#shouldn't this give you Mittwoch as day
Wed Jan 13 20:17:34 CET 1999
$ LANG=de_DE date
Mit Jan 13 20:17:38 CET 1999
$ LANG=de_AT date
Mit Jän 13 20:17:43 CET 1999
------

And yes, the LC_TIME do override the language variable.

$ LANG=de_AT LC_TIME=C date -R
Wed, 13 Jan 1999 20:20:24 +0100

Cheers,
/Karl

Karl Hammar		Aspö Data		karl@kalle.csb.ki.se
Lilla Aspö 2340		0173 140 57
S-742 94 Östhammar	070 511 97 84		Professionella Linuxlösningar
Sweden