Re: getting kernel 2.2 into slink

> > Including the source package I could be convinced of.  At least then
> > people have to think about what they're doing before causing potential
> > problems.
>
> This "think about what they are doing" thing is precisely one of the
> reasons the "extra" priority does exist.
>
> According to this it should be fine to include it as an "extra" package.

Perhaps that is a reason for "extra", but it's really pointless.  If it
can be installed, people will install it regardless of its priority.  I'd
bet most people don't even think about a package's priority, largely
because many don't know what the priorities mean.

                                          Brian
                                  ( bcwhite@pobox.com )

          80% of people surveyed think they are above average drivers