Re: getting kernel 2.2 into slink

On Thu, Jan 21, 1999 at 10:01:17PM -0500, Brian White wrote:
> > Would anyone object if kernel 2.2 were packaged up at least as a
> > kernel-source package for slink? 2.0.3x would remain slink's default
> > kernel
>
> Not that it matters, really.  My only worry is that if somebody compiles
> the kernel, they will expect it to work.  I think it's best to leave 2.2
> completely in unstable.  It's still available there and will have better
> support.

What about saving some ppl some money? I take there are going to be 4 CD's
for slink and I guess there are at least 40 MB free on one of them.  Could
we include 2.2 as a bonus there?  Not visible from dselect, just a few more
files on one of the CD's... -source packages maybe, so it's easy for ppl to
install and deinstall them...

						Marcelo