the .app extension on (some) wmaker apps

I'm trying to package wmsysmon.app -- but I'm not sure about the .app that
*some* wmaker apps get -- I'm not sure if I should have the package as
wmsysmon.app or just wmsysmon.

The tarball is wmsysmon.app, but the binary that gets built is wmsysmon.

I built an (undocumented) manpage for wmsysmon.app -- but lintian gives me
a "binary with no manpage" since the binary doesn't have the .app --
hrmmmm

Should I leave the package as .app, but have the binary/manpage as-is
(wmsysmon)?

 -- always thought the binary/manpages should match the package-name is
all.