Re: Debian logo & its license

On Sun, Jan 24, 1999 at 02:55:56AM +0100, Wichert Akkerman wrote:

> Agreed. Shall we move the logo license discussion to debian-legal and
> rewrite it there?
Explain:
	Why in the world do we need to license something as trivial as a
_logo_? I havent been a developer for a long time, but it seems to me as a
normal person that I dislike excessive legalese. We already split hairs
over every little thing, important as it may be. However, I think our time
is better spent discussing things other than how to license something that
half the people I talk to think is a chicken. Let's see if we want to
replace it, then lets _ask_ people who use it to give credit to the
designer, like with Larry Ewing and Tux. You don't see him writing a
license, do you?

Andrew

--
Andrew G. Feinberg agf@debian.org andrew@ultraviolet.org