Re: the Great X Reorganization, package splits, and renaming

On Sun, Jan 24, 1999 at 12:52:19PM +0000, Jules Bean wrote:
> 2) Branden doesn't like xfnt-* hanging around.  We agree.

I don't just dislike it hanging around on people's machines, I dislike
having to keep the packages around at all, even just as compatibility
packages.

> 3) However, if someone were to create xfnt-* packages which *Depend* on
> the corresponding xfont-* package, then the user will automatically
> install the new xfont-*, which will in turn automatically deinstall the
> xfnt-*, so the cruft doesn't hang around.
>
> Branden, do you object to this last?

Yes, but if it gets to the point where someone else will do it if I don't,
then I will do it.

I'd still rather we explored alternatives.

--
G. Branden Robinson              |           Measure with micrometer,
Debian GNU/Linux                 |           mark with chalk,