Re: the Great X Reorganization, package splits, and renaming

On Tue, Jan 26, 1999 at 12:42:18PM +0100, Santiago Vila wrote:
> Upgrading a system from hamm to slink should make the system to be in the
> same state as if slink had been installed from scratch.

Indeed. All of my systems have remnants of base and timezone remaining.
(Actually I just discovered that one of my systems has deinstalled
timezone and no timezones at all).

> Otherwise, Debian will become just a W95 clone very soon (have you ever
> asked yourself why people reinstall W95 so often?).

Yes, I just reinstalled mine last week, because it can't handle any
decent sized hardware upgrade without reinstallation. Today I nearly
reinstalled NT, just because it's so damn slow after much use.

Hamish