Re: the Great X Reorganization, package splits, and renaming

On Tue, 26 Jan 1999, Branden Robinson wrote:

> I reiterate my challenge.  Demonstrate to me a manner in which a
> hamm system upgraded to slink, which keeps the old X font and static
> library packages, will be broken.

Oh, I forgot to tell you something:

I have a computer lab with 20 Debian machines. Suppose I want to upgrade
them to slink and I want the new font packages to be installed people will
want). Do you mean that I should enter dselect and select them by hand on
each of them? Do you claim that it is better that I *have* to do it by
hand?

--
 "786c6eabac4a441ad37cd4fe8214e6da" (a truly random sig)