Re: Reality check! [was: Re: Debian goes big business?]

Enrique Zanardi <ezanardi@ull.es> writes:

> On Sun, Jan 24, 1999 at 01:32:28PM -0700, John Lapeyre wrote:
> >
> > 	I guess I should add this to my last post about how bad the
> > installation is.  The boot floppies themselves and apt are quite good.
> > Getting the base system on is easy for someone who knows what is going on.
> > Probably not for a beginner.
>
> Suggestions for making the boot-floppies beginner-friendly are welcome
> (but read the todo list first). Of course, code is even more welcome.
> :-)

	The boot floppies are excellent for what they intend to do.  They
try to provide maximum flexibility, and then to be as friendly as
possible.  Perhaps a clueless-proof install should be on a separate disk.
I won't say anymore, because I have not installed RH ors SuSE recently, and
have no concrete suggestions.
	Also, in retrospect, I should have realized that picking the scientific
workstation option could cause problems .  That  was over 500 packages .  This
is a severe test for any OS.

--
John Lapeyre <lapeyre@physics.arizona.edu>