Re: libtool & rpath

Hamish Moffatt <hamish@debian.org> writes:

> A package I maintain uses libtool. To remove the rpath stuff, I
> apply this patch to configure.in.

Actually, I sort of like the following technique better:

Add the following to debian/rules right before calling "$(MAKE) all"
(but after configure):

        sed < libtool > libtool-2 \
          -e 's/^hardcode_libdir_flag_spec.*$$/hardcode_libdir_flag_spec=" -D__L
IBTOOL_IS_A_FOOL__ "/' \
          -e '/^archive_cmds="/s/"$$/ \\$$deplibs"/'

That way, there is no need to patch configure.in and rerun autoconf.

> Also, because this package (geda) includes a library, debhelper
> is generating an shlibs file for it. But then the package ends up
> depending on itself, because of the shlib:Depends expansion. Is there
> an easy fix for that? Splitting the packages is a possibility, but
> libgeda is of absolutely no use on its own yet, and I don't think there
> is anything for a libgeda-dev.

Try:

	LD_LIBRARY_PATH=debian/tmp/usr/lib dh_shlibdeps -V

The LD_LIBRARY_PATH prevents ldd from linking to a library that
is installed on the system, so dpkg-shlibdeps doesn't find the
associated package (so there is no dependency created).

Cheers,

 - Jim