Re: gnuserv/gnuclient problem

Steve Dunham wrote:
> > ii  xemacs20-bin    20.4-13        Editor and kitchen sink
> > ii  xemacs20-nomule 20.4-13        Editor and kitchen sink
>              ^^^^^^^^^
> The problem only shows up with the mule versions of xemacs.

Nope, because I only have the nomule version installed, and I have the
same problem.  Gnuclient causes xemacs to generate an error, and then
exits immediately.  Running slink.

~ $ dpkg --list 'xemacs*' | grep '^[ir]'
ii  xemacs20-bin    20.4-13        Editor and kitchen sink
ii  xemacs20-nomule 20.4-13        Editor and kitchen sink
ii  xemacs20-suppor 20.4-13        Editor and kitchen sink
~ $
~ $ xemacs20 -batch -eval "(and (require 'gnuserv) (print
gnuserv-program))"
Symbol's value as variable is void: gnuserv-program
XEmacs exiting.

This may be a useful clue:  from inside xemacs, I can determine that
gnuserv-program's plist is (saved-value ((concat exec-directory
"/gnuserv"))).  When I evaluate that, it says that saved-value's
function definition is void.  If I execute (concat exec-directory
"/gnuserv"), it looks fine.