Re: List of bugs that *must* be fixed before releasing Slink

branden@ecn.purdue.edu (Branden Robinson)  wrote on 31.01.99 in <[🔎] 19990131112122.F13655@ecn.purdue.edu>:

> 29360: point 1) is an issue for the release notes; I can't retroactively
> patch an old prerm;

You could, but it would be fairly ugly, and I'm not sure it's worth it.

Startegy: pre-depend on a package that does the patching (and nothing
more).

Like I said, ugly.

Hmm. Maybe we might look into this as a general strategy to fix hard
problems upgrading from earlier versions. Have a package debian_2.1.deb
that does all the hard fixups from earlier versions, and that can be pre-
depended on by some central packages.

I'm not sure how useful that would really be, but that way, at least we'd
have *some* chance of fixing known booboos.

MfG Kai