Re: dinstall can now announce packages & close bugs for you

> dinstall, the software which installs packages into the hierarchy, can
> now announce packages and close bugs for you.

Ah, you beat me to it!  I was planning to work on this one next week ;-)
Well done!!

> dinstall will announce to debian-changes and/or debian-devel-changes
> as appropriate.  It will compare the name part of the Maintainer in
> the .dsc and the .changes.  If they match, it will close the bugs, and
> if not, it will assume it's an NMU and set their severity to fixed.
> Bugs are only processed for source uploads.

There was a suggestion a while back for the .changes file to have two
fields, a Maintainer field and an Uploader field.  If these are
identical, then it's a maintainer upload, otherwise it's an NMU.  If
there's no Uploader field, then fall back to your heuristic.

Do you want any help implementing this?  I have a lot of stuff on
paper at home, from when I read through the dpkg-dev and dinstall
stuff with a toothcomb.

   Julian

            Julian Gilbey             Email: J.D.Gilbey@qmw.ac.uk
       Dept of Mathematical Sciences, Queen Mary & Westfield College,
                  Mile End Road, London E1 4NS, ENGLAND
      -*- Finger jdg@goedel.maths.qmw.ac.uk for my PGP public key. -*-